Applications can be submitted by completing the application provided by the Property Manager and returning it to our office along with two checks or money orders. Include one check or money order for the Application Fee and a second one for the Holding Deposit.
Because it costs us time and money to process your application for each adult resident, there is a non-refundable Application Fee of $40 for each person 18 years of age or older or $40 per married couple. This Application Fee is to be paid by check or money order (Cash Is Not Accepted) when the application is delivered to our office. (Note: The Holding Deposit must also to be paid at the time the application is delivered to the office.)
We will accept the first qualified applicant or group of applicants. If the application(s) being processed does not qualify, we will then call the next interested party and process their application(s). If your application(s) is not processed the Application Fee and Holding Deposit will be returned to you.
Please review our list of criteria. If you feel that you meet the criteria, please apply – because we’d be happy to rent to you. If you have any questions or concerns about your ability to qualify please speak directly with the Property Manager representing the property you are interested in renting as there may be possible options.
A refundable Holding Deposit of a minimum of $200 for the dwelling must be paid by separate check or money order (Cash Is Not Accepted) and must be received when delivering the application to our office. If there are multiple persons applying for the dwelling only one Holding Deposit is due. This deposit will be returned to you if we determine you do not qualify. If you do qualify the Holding Deposit will be deposited and applied toward your security deposit when you sign your lease. If you do qualify and later decide not to take the dwelling we will retain the holding deposit because we will have taken the property off of the market.
Application Screening Criteria / Disclosure
- A complete application:
One application is required for each person 18 years of age or older or for each married couple. We will not accept an incomplete application.
- Picture ID required:
A copy of a government issued picture ID such as a current drivers license or State ID card, immigration card, etc. must be included with your application.
- Rental history verifiable from unbiased sources:
It is your responsibility to provide us with the information necessary to allow us to contact your past landlords. Be sure to include your current phone number at the top of the application. We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify your good rental history.
- Sufficient income/resources:
If the rent payments will exceed (40%) of your monthly income or the household’s monthly income before taxes we will require, at our discretion, an additional security deposit or a qualified co-signer on your rental agreement. If the rent exceeds (70%) of your monthly income, your application will be denied. Any additional income you wish us to consider, including self-employment, child support, trust income, etc. must be verifiable through tax or other acceptable records. For section 8 applicants, the amount of assistance will be considered part of your monthly income for purposes of figuring the proportion. In the case of students, a qualified co-signer is acceptable. Any co-signer must submit an application and application fee and will be subject to qualification..
If you have any questions or concerns about your ability to qualify please speak directly with the Property Manager representing the property you are applying for.
- Section 8 information access:
All section 8 applicants must sign a consent form allowing the Housing Authority to release information from your file regarding your rental history. (As a note some properties do not accept Section 8)
- Your application is subject to denial if:
(If you have any questions or concerns about your ability to qualify please speak directly with the Property Manager representing the property you are interested in.)
- You make any derogatory statement and/or show combative behavior at any time during the application process.
- You misrepresent any information on the application. If misrepresentations are found after a rental agreement is signed, your rental agreement will be terminated.
- In the last seven years you have been convicted of the manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance.
- In the last seven years you have a conviction for any type of crime that would be considered a threat to real property or the ability of other residents to peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
- You have been convicted of a felony.
- In the past seven years you have a court ordered eviction, (FED).
- Previous landlords report significant complaint levels of noncompliance activity including but not limited to:
- Repeated disturbance of the neighbor’s peaceful enjoyment of the area.
- Reports of illegal gambling, prostitution, drug dealing or drug manufacturing, etc.
- Damage to the property beyond normal wear that have not been repaid.
- Reports of violence or threats to landlords or neighbors.
- Allowing persons not on the lease/rental agreement to reside on the premises without permission.
- Failure to give proper notices when vacating the premises.
- Previous landlords would not rent to you again for any reason pertaining to the behavior of yourself, your pets, or others allowed on the property during your tenancy.
- You have a pet or pets that do not conform with the rules, allowed size, number or breed.
- Credit requirements:
Good credit is required. Outstanding collection, bankruptcy, repossession, lien, judgment, etc. may result in denial or additional deposit.
- One piece of picture ID must be included.
We require a copy of a photo ID (a driver’s license if possible or other Government ID) for each resident 18 years or older to be included with your completed application(s) or delivered to our office with your Holding Deposit if applying on line.
- We will require up to 2 full business days to process an application in most situations.
- We will accept the first qualified applicant(s).
- Variance policy:
Failure to meet the screening criteria, as stated, may be grounds for denial of your application or the payment of an increased deposit.
- Consumer credit, background reports and information is obtained from:
If you are denied for credit or criminal background issues we will supply information to you of whom to contact if you feel there is an error.
Once you are approved for rental:
When you are accepted, you be required to sign the necessary rental agreement forms in which you will agree to abide by the rules of the rental unit, apartment complex or homeowners association. You are given a full set of your signed rental documents. Under Nevada law additional copies may be purchased.
We take each provision of our rental agreement seriously. The agreement and the attached provisions have been specifically written to comply with Nevada law and assure that those who are contemplating illegal activity will find little room to maneuver. Our intention in providing such an agreement is to assure that our honest tenants are given the best housing we can provide and that dishonest tenants are given little room to pursue illegal activity.